mischievoice

some poetry, politics & what have you

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

1
how come hearing
& hating are so much
alike in spanish?

2
a sign above Avenida Maritima
says alcohol + driving = accident

3
closed for reforms

4
please don't feed
the iron dogs

5
i will sacrifice my
sandals to the
green man walking

My extended absence from blogging was caused by moving from sweden to Gran Canaria, one of the seven islands off the coast from Morocco & West Sahara, that are formally spanish territory with fairly far reaching autonomy. For instance the Canary Islands are not a part of the EU. The move took more organizing than I could imagine so I barely even had time to write poems beyond small simple haikuesque ones, let alone maintain correspondence not directly connected to the move, for which I extend my apologies. Things will now slowly return to normal in all things, except my relation to my immediate surroundings, a good thing indeed. These days I´m thinking a lot about using three languages almost simultaneously (& thinkig in all three by turns); spanish which I can understand but so far barely use, for things quotidian; english for most correspondence & all poetry & swedish for some correspondence. It twists your sense of communication somewhat, I can tell you. I may post something on thyat in time. Concerning posts, they may not be as frequent as before, but they will be more carefully planned. That has to do with working from public computers where there's a time limit.

It seems the fall issues of Shampoo & Can We Have Our Ball Back? are under public construction. Also Dusie is accepting submissions for the third issue, the second one just having been put online & a grand one it is.

2 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Kirby Olson said...

The Canary Islands played a large part in the development of surrealism. One important surrealist named Oscar Dominguez hailed from there. Is there any trace of that sensibility left?

Did you move there to escape the Swedish winter?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Lars Palm said...

There is a feeling that a surrealist could feel at home here. So yes, I feel there is some trace of that sensibility left. I say this without knowing, or being able to recall, the work of Oscar Dominguez. Any good sources to such knowledge?

Mostly to escape the swedish winter, yes, but also because sweden has no place for mystics, or practitioners of the fine arts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home